12 Reasons To Believe Jesus Christ is Coming Again Soon!
When Jesus Christ was preparing to leave His disciples and return to the glories of heaven, He comforted them by proclaiming – “Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there ye may be also.” John 14:1-3
As He ascended up into the heavens, two angels also comforted the disciples hearts by saying – “Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, Who is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven.” Acts 1:11
These two passages actually deal with Jesus’ return on two future occasions:
#1 Jesus will return first of all, to remove His followers from this earth before the horrendous events of the seven years of Tribulation. We read about this event that we often refer to as the “Rapture”, in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.
#2 Jesus will also return in power and great glory to establish His long-awaited kingdom on earth. This is often referred to the “Revelation” or appearing of Christ. You can read about that spectacular future event in Revelation 19:11-16.
No one knows the time of Jesus return. Jesus responded to His disciples’ questions about the timing of His return. He gave them a number of indications when the time would be near, but told them very clearly – “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.” Matthew 24:36 But the prophetic scriptures and the teachings of Jesus do tell us how to recognize the seasons of His return (Matthew 24:32-35). We have listed some of the things to be aware of in this brief study:
WHAT WILL THE WORLD BE LIKE WHEN JESUS RETURNS?
1. In fulfillment of Daniel 12:4, KNOWLEDGE HAS GREATLY INCREASED during the past 100 years:
a) God has “opened the book” and released knowledge of the prophetic Scriptures during the past century.
b) Man can now destroy an entire nation in one hour as prophesied in Revelation 18:10, 17, and 19. Nuclear warfare seems to be clearly described throughout the Book of Revelation (especially Revelation chapter 18, Isaiah chapter 13 and Jeremiah chapters 50 and 51.
2. Daniel the prophet was also told that END-TIME EVENTS WOULD COME SUDDENLY LIKE A FLOOD (Daniel 9:26).
3. Europe is trying to form an ECONOMIC CONFEDERACY known as the European Common Market with headquarters in Brussels. (This economic league of nations appears to be in fulfillment of Daniel chapter 2 and Daniel 7:7-8) and the REVIVED ROMAN EMPIRE eventually consisting of ten nations.
Note: Man is now developing a world-wide electronic identification system as described in Revelation chapter 13:13-17. This mandatory ID will be “in their right hand or in their foreheads” (see vs. 16) and without this mark “no man might buy or sell.”
4. We are in the midst of a WORLD-WIDE MORAL AND SPIRITUAL BREAKDOWN where all authority will be defied. We have witnessed world leaders throw off all restraints as they live in great immorality and defiance of that which is right. (These “perilous days” of lawlessness and ungodliness are described in detail in 2 Timothy 3:1-5).
Note: Jesus also spoke of this increase of lawlessness in Matthew 24:37-39 and in Luke 17:28-29. He described world and cultural conditions as similar to the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.
5. EARTHQUAKES have continued to increase at incredible and escalating rates over the past fifty years. Many scientists believe the increase in these tremors is in preparation for the “great earthquake” which will shake the entire earth during the Great Tribulation (see Revelation 11:13, Matthew 24:7 and Isaiah 13:13).
6. The possibility of worldwide FAMINE (hunger) and PESTILENCE (disease) is now a daily reality. (see Matthew 24:7)
7. The people of ISRAEL are once again occupying part of their God-given land. Their national rebirth was prophesied in both the Old and New Testaments (see Ezekiel 36:24-28) and will occur before their spiritual rebirth. (Ezekiel 37:1-10 and Matthew 24:32-35)
Note: Jesus said that the “generation” living at the time of Israel’s national rebirth would not pass away until ALL of the end-time prophetic events would be fulfilled. (Matthew 24:34) Most Bible scholars agree that a Biblical generation consists of approximately 40 years!
ALL OF THE GENTILE NATIONS ARE NOW IN PLACE FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF END-TIME PROPHECIES:
8. The vast nation of China now has the ability of fielding an army of 200 million soldiers as prophesied in Rev. 9:13-18.
9. RUSSIA (“Gog and Magog”) has become a major world power as prophesied in Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39. World wide dependence upon oil is making the Middle East one of the most important regions upon earth and a vast army from the far north will one day invade God’s land according to Ezekiel 38:8-12.
Note: The Land of Israel is described for us in Genesis 15:18 and includes all the land up to the Euphrates River! The destruction of “Gog” may very well take place in the desert sands of Iraq or Saudi Arabia or Jordan, all of which are east of present day Israel.
10. The Soviet military alliance with a vast ISLAMIC army consisting of soldiers from Ethiopia, Libya, Turkey and PERSIA could come together in a moments’ time. The modern day countries of Iran and Afghanistan make up the ancient Persian Empire. (See Ezekiel 38:4-6)
11. Christendom is now characterized by unbelief and self sufficiency. The church of today is described by the Lord’s message to Laodicea which means “lukewarm.” Revelation 3:14-22
12. Jesus before the beginning of “the day of the LORD”, the national, economic and religious leaders all over the world will proclaim “PEACE and SAFETY” in a world that is like a powder keg. 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3
WHEN WILL THESE THINGS BE? Jesus said that no man would know the exact time of His coming but we are to “watch and be ready.” Matthew 24:42-44 1 Thessalonians 5:6
When Will Jesus Christ Return to Earth? 12 Reasons To Believe Jesus Christ Is Coming Again Soon.